1997 Camaro Parking Brake (rear disk brakes)

How much travel should the lever at the rear brake experience when the parking lever is lifted all the way up? I replaced the lever side cable, and since I did, my parking brake does not engage.
Thanks!
about 45 degrees, depending on brake pad wear.
-- 98 Camaro