2.8 to 5.7 swap / electronics

Hi, I am looking into swapping the 2.8 for an 5.7 in my 87 camaro and want to know if the existing controll module would have to be changed too? Is there anything else about the electronics that I should know about? Any help would be greatly appericated. Mike

Reply to
medwards01

Yes, the module and the engine harness would have to be changed. It's not worth it. Sell it and buy one with a V8 already in it.

Reply to
JimV

What about an 3.1 or 4.3, the existing 2.8 is blown? Would I have the same problems, just tring to save it for my son...

Reply to
camaromike

Same deal, they all have their own wiring harnesses and electronic control modules. Your best bet is to either rebuild/replace the 2.8 or sell it and buy the V8. Or you could, if emissions are ok in your state just drop in a carbureted engine and upgrade the suspension at the same time which you would have had to do along with the V8 swap anyway.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

You can use a 4th Gen 3.4L v6 and adapt it to the 2.8L stuff just fine.

I believe thirdgen.org would have all the info you need.

Reply to
alfredB18