200-R4 question

I am restifying a 1970 Z28 and recently picked up a 200-4R transmission. Is there any modifications needed to have it work properly. I have noticed a
small 2 prong plug in on one side and want to know what it connects to. Will my original speedometer work with this tranny or will I need some sort of modification. Any info will be greatly appreciated Thankyou