2001 SS Hood Paint Flaking off

Hi all,
Need a little help from you all today. I have had my 2001 SS since it was new. I have not had any problems up till a couple days ago. I had it washed at the same place I always get it washed. It is a hand
wash place. After it was finished I noticed a flak of paint was gone from the hood. Not the typical GM clear coat problem mind you but a flak of paint that came off and you can see the primer coat underneath. Has anyone heard of any paint recalls for the 2001 Camaros???
Thanks, Steve
On 28 Nov 2003 09:15:27 -0800, thurner snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Steve) puked:

Did they wax it? If so, maybe they used a buffer that broke it loose. I noticed some buffer scratches the first time I had someone wax mine on the scoop, so they don't use a buffer any more. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Here's some "good" news... All GM cars are painted with PPG paint. PPG warrantees their paint to the manufacturer, therefore to the purchaser, even if you are not the original owner. You have to be persistent with most dealers to get them to honor this warranty, because they do not want 6000 cars clogging their body shop for low paying warranty work. Keep in mind that they will look VERY closely at the problem area to determine if the peeling is caused by normal wear and tear. If that is the case, you're gonna have to pay for the repair yourself. It's a good idea to approach a dealer during the dog days of winter when they aren't very busy. Definitely check out the major recall websites too. It's unlikely that a recall would be issued for a cosmetic issue, but there may be a Service Bulletin out there that covers your paint problems. Good Luck!
Dave