2002 Camaro Convertible Spitting out ODBII codes: P1404, P0404

P1404     Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Pintle Stuck Open P0404     Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Range/Performance
V6 3.8L Spitting out the above codes.. There was also another code that was since erased regarding something to do with a solenoid (real specific, I know).
I had been reading somewhere that solenoid degradation could affect the performance of the EGR valve.
My question is basically this:
While I could simply clean the valve as a possible low-cost fix (my vehicle has a HORRIBLE rough idle at times), is it possible that there is a problem with the solenoid; which in turn affects the EGR valve; which in turn fills up the cabin with rancid smoke?
Replace the EGR would be my first move. Autozone carries one for your car for 129.99 and the gasket for a little over a dollar. For something like this, as in computer reliant, Id have a shop determine the best course of action. Let them diagnose the problem and tell you what to fix.
"kinggoo" wrote: > P1404     Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Pintle Stuck Open > P0404     Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Range/Performance > > V6 3.8L Spitting out the above codes.. > There was also another code that was since erased regarding > something > to do with a solenoid (real specific, I know). > > I had been reading somewhere that solenoid degradation could > affect > the performance of the EGR valve. > > My question is basically this: > > While I could simply clean the valve as a possible low-cost > fix (my > vehicle has a HORRIBLE rough idle at times), is it possible > that there > is a problem with the solenoid; which in turn affects the EGR > valve; > which in turn fills up the cabin with rancid smoke?