2002 Camaro RH power mirror ???

I have just replaced my right hand power mirror on my 02 Z after being sideswiped. The replacement mirror is by a company called Kool-Vue.
My question is: the distance from the inside edge of the mirror housing is
almost right against the part that bolts to the door. On the driver side, this distance is about an inch and a half. I can't remember how the original was. so, are the two different? i.e, is the distance from the mounting bracket to the edge of the mirror the same on both sides?
I want the part to be correct, if this is wrong, I want to get the right one.
Any help would be appreciated.