2002 fuel pump question

Any help would be appreciated here. My 2002 Camaro won't start. I suspect its a fuel delivery problem. I have full electrical, I just replaced the fuel filter (Which was very clogged by the way). The car will turn over, but wont start. Is this possibly the fuel pump, or something else? Thanx moonman

Reply to
moonz

i don't know for sure on the 2002 but can you hear any thing kick in for a sec or two when you turn on the key on an 88 i can power up the fuel pump to verify that it is working

Reply to
ross

ross Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Seems to me that a 2002 would be the same way, if only to bring the fuel system up to the operating PSI level...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

i agree i just don't have a clue where to do it manually in the newer camaros the 88 all i have to is apply 12 volts to one spot on the aldl connector and it comes on

he may also whish to put a pressure meter on the fuel rail to make sure pressure is building up properly there

if he had crap stopping up his fuel line hopefully it did not go any further down the feul supply line which will stop up the injectors

Reply to
ross

Reply to
moonz