2007 Camaro~ Don't know if this has been posted before...

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:48:06 GMT, "Charles Bendig" puked:

Are those unibodies?

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

I'm looking in Canada, where the prices are a little different than in the US. (Remember...the internet doesn't JUST live in the USA!) In Canada, a new Vette is about 78 grand...and about 76 grand for that nifty new Chevy truck that hasn't got enough spare to fit a half-sheet of plywood in...

Reply to
ElectroPig

I like the 1986 to 1988 LS cars bettern then the 1984 to 1988 SS cars. Better check your figures cause the G-bodys lasted till 88. I do have a 88 SS T-top parts car. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Yes the FWD Monte's are unibody. Yet everyone but jason sobol know's unibody cars can take big block type torque with out a roll cage or tube frame. If you basically stay with a stock type motor (F-body 3.8 vs the FWD

3.8), you should even be emmissions legal as is. Charles
Reply to
Charles Bendig

Why check stats? I said I liked a specific body style best, and that's what I meant. Whether it was made a year longer or not has no bearing on the statement, except in the case where I am LOOKING for a parts car for my Berlinetta, in which case there's some confusion as to how long that limited production model was made. From dealers to mechanics to "Joe on the street", they ALL tell different stories about when they ceased that particular model run, and they all have the same range in years...which further confuses things.

I've heard that the Berlinetta was made ONLY in '84 and '85, but others have told me that they ceased making the Berlinetta in '86 or '87...As far as I am aware, I've only seen Berlinetta model Camaros made in '84 and '85, so I'd like to find that out, as it would mean that there's more parts cars out there waiting to be found.

Any idea where I can find that out for a fact, with respect to the Berlinetta?

Reply to
ElectroPig

I knew a lady who bought a new 1986 Berlinetta. She was a buddy's mom. Kept it till late 1999. When the 305 tossed a rod thru the block, after her son ran over something. If I would have know back then there would have been a demand for the berlinetta parts I would have gave her $400 for it. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Hell, I'd eat green pussy for a $400 parts car right now! d8^o

Reply to
ElectroPig

Hey bud, check on the following link, they have a Berlinetta model up to

1986. I had a friend who owned an 86 so I know that s for sure. Its not a bad site with some good info.
If you look farther down it shows the production numbers. By 86 they only ma de 4400 or so.
Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

Start watching Ebay. in the parts car section. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Loadin' up as I type! Thanks for the link! ;)

Which also explains why I never saw an '86 around these parts...kinda strange, really, when you consider I'm only about 35 miles from Detroit...should be seeing EVERY model of EVERY car in this area, really...

Reply to
ElectroPig