2007 Camaro~ Don't know if this has been posted before...

Page 2 of 2

Start watching Ebay. in the parts car section. Charles

cars.
88
my
limited
'85,
cars
Hey bud, check on the following link, they have a Berlinetta model up to 1986. I had a friend who owned an 86 so I know that s for sure. Its not a bad site with some good info. http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/techdb.shtml
If you look farther down it shows the production numbers. By 86 they only ma de 4400 or so.

others
far
Loadin' up as I type! Thanks for the link! ;)

ma
Which also explains why I never saw an '86 around these parts...kinda strange, really, when you consider I'm only about 35 miles from Detroit...should be seeing EVERY model of EVERY car in this area, really...
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:48:06 GMT, "Charles Bendig"

Are those unibodies?
-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Yes the FWD Monte's are unibody. Yet everyone but jason sobol know's unibody cars can take big block type torque with out a roll cage or tube frame. If you basically stay with a stock type motor (F-body 3.8 vs the FWD 3.8), you should even be emmissions legal as is. Charles

I'm not going to say that, myself. I've got an '85 Berlinetta that I've recently begun "constantly hunting for parts" for, since they were only made for 2 (3?) years, and the majority of parts failures seem to be in the "Berlinetta-specific" parts range.
Boy, am I kickin' myself in the ass for dumping that '84 Berlinetta parts car a couple years back! :(
What I've seen of the new Mustang isn't quite to what I could honestly say is the same build quality as we've all grown accustomed to with the Camaro line, but it IS a Mustang in not only name, but also in size and power (depending on what model you're getting, of course.)
I'm honestly rather tossed-up over whether or not I'll be going back to Mustang after decades of saying "I'll never buy another goddamned Ford again until they start making REAL Mustangs again!!!"...now they are making them again...but on the other hand, I'm used to Camaros...decisions, decisions...but ONLY if there IS a new Camaro to compete with the newly-reborn Mustang!
Any way you slice it, you've got cheese in the trap at the Ford showrooms, and all you've got from GM is a hermetically-sealed piece of yellow stuff in plastic wrap that may or may not ever come back to the streets.
The choice, for the moment, is clear, as you only HAVE one choice...unless, of course, you've got 70+ grand for a 'Vette...which I simply don't feel as comfortable in as I do ANY Camaro or ANY Mustang. (Well, OK....not one of those Mustang II shitboxes, or any of those 'Mercury Capri with a little horsie stuck on the front' rustroids...but you get my point. ;)
puked:

GTO
-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

'Mercury
Boring design with a good historical name attached to it. Looks more like a city-slicker's shopping car than an old GTO, IMHO...

70+ grand for a 'Vette... huh?? where are you looking. Even the Z06's when they were last out on the C5 model were only in the mid 50 range. I think maybe you are thinking of Viper prices.
-- Leo

I'm looking in Canada, where the prices are a little different than in the US. (Remember...the internet doesn't JUST live in the USA!) In Canada, a new Vette is about 78 grand...and about 76 grand for that nifty new Chevy truck that hasn't got enough spare to fit a half-sheet of plywood in...