2009 Camaro concept at Detraoit Auto Show!

Here is the car:
http://www.camaroz28.com /
And some folks have already tried photpshopping it here:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?tC3340
Car will debut 1/9/2006 at 10:30 EST and can be seen live off of GM's TV link.
GMtv: http://gmtv.feedroom.com/?fr_story şEDROOM128215
or http://starter.feedroom.com?fr_story...fa03990772162d and a popup will appear.
If you miss it live there's supposed to be archive footage later at around 1:00PM EST.
Add pictures here
✖

Not bad, but I have to admit I like the Challenger better by far..
BDK
Add pictures here
✖
says...

A new Challenger? Got a link?
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
These are the best pics I've seen so far, and all in one place!
I can't believe that everyone hasn't at least heard about it. If they don't screw it up, I'm gonna have one by 2010..
Things I would like changed on the "real" one..
Lose the Ram's head off the front. Paint the black stripes on the hood, or lose them. Black out the grill. Make the wheels a sane size, like 17's or 18's, the hot wheels look SUCKS in my opinion. Lose the "Challenger" on the side. I would rather have painted, or even stickers there instead. The rear light setup isn't all that great.
OH, make a Chrysler Cuda too. Don't screw it up either.
On the inside..
Lose the weird radio, and if you can't put a normal DIN sized one in, at least put one of the crappy ones you put in everything else.
The look at the front is PERFECT. I would like the dash toned down a little. I want a 6 speed auto, not the present one that the trucks have.
If they only can keep it together..
BDK
Add pictures here
✖
says...

GM's TV

Daimler/Chrysler is one company that has consistantly put their concept cars into production. I would love to see this on the road. Since GM shot themselves in the corporate foot by killing the F body with no immediate replacement (and no, the GTO doesn't count), Ford has that market all to themselves.
To your comments; No, don't do a Cuda, just do the Challenger right. Wheels don't look too bad but simpler is always better and I am damn tired of all the offset being on the inside. Split the difference and give the rims some depth. Like the dash, who cares about a radio when you have it running at full tilt boogie? <grins> How about a 6 speed manual with a multiplate clutch? Lose the hemi. The new hemi is a pig, bring back the old 5.9 (360). Agree with you on the hood graphics, look like they were stuck on as an afterthought. Like the taillights, remember the original ChargerII concept from 68 or 69?
Add pictures here
✖

I figure the Chrylser division is going to want one anyway, they don't have the Charger/Magnum, so they will want something. So make the Cuda, the new car actually looks more like it anyway, from a side view. Just lose the line..
I'm so sick of the giant wheel look, I bought my Ram with 17's because I really hated the factory 20" wheels so much. I got the off-road package mostly for that alone.
Since I'm in it over an hour a day, minimum, the radio is important to me, and most of the time, the factory radio is pretty lame, and on my last truck, a 2000 Sierra, it was really bad. GM should be ashamed to have put it in there. The WORST sounding radio since my 74 Roadrunner's Motorola AM-FM, worse actually..
Bring back the 360?? WTF are you drinking? As a past owner of three of them, I can say good f'ing riddance. It should have been killed off years before it was. My 74 Roadrunner's 360 was ok, the other two were pitiful leakers. I didn't buy a Ram back in 2000 just because of that pinging slug of a motor. When a truck with 14 miles on it sounds like it's full of ball bearings, it's pretty sad.
Drive a 300/Charger/Magnum, and say goodbye to that boat anchor..
No manual for me, I want an auto that shifts like the one in my 77 Power Wagon after it blew up and a friend rebuilt it at his tranny shop. Snapped your neck good and hard at full throttle, and chirped the tires on the 1-2 shift too..
Last time I drove a stick was when I borrowed a friend's car for two days. By the time I gave it back two days later, I was so tired of that shifting, and the clutch (it was a Toyota, the clutch couldn't have been softer) action annoyed the shit out of me.
The back end is too plain on the Challenger, it needs something.
BDK
Add pictures here
✖
I have a side by side comparison on my web site...missing some info though, but its growing (concept Camaro and Challenger) http://www.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net/
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@softhome.net says...

You can put 4 wheel disc brakes in the Challenger side. You can plainly see them in all the side pics.
BDK
Add pictures here
✖
puked:

Looks a lot more aggressive than the original pictures. I like it. Although it looks a lot like the Mustang... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Add pictures here
✖

I agree, and I'm not crazy about the front end. The rear quarters definitely remind me of mustang. Hopefully they'll bring it back to more of the original if it's produced.
terrance
Add pictures here
✖
I thought it kinda looked mustangy too... was not keen on that but get the concept... punn intended.

Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:45:41 GMT, "gordon"

The rear sail panel catches the first gen pretty good...

✖