305 4BBL

I have asked this before in another newsgroup but I got so many different answers I"m not sure which is right. I've heard everything from 0 BTDC to 10
BTDC and my car runs at any of these settings. This is an old car so all my stickers under the hood are missing and I can't find anything with the timing settings listed on it. All my manuals say look under the hood for the timing! :-) So I would like to know what the real setitings are. I have a 1985 Z-28 305 H model with the E4ME 4bbl. So if anyone knows for sure or has an that model/year with the sticker under the hood, please let me know what the timing is supposed to be. It would be appreciated!

In case someone else needs this info. I found a person that said they had the same car and the emissions label on his says 0 BTDC. My car seems to work well with that setting.