383 stroker?

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

There's plenty of 4 speeds out there to be had a fair prices and most of the ones that came out of compact cars that had V8's behind them will bolt right in. Meaning trannies that came out of Camaros, Novas, etc. The 5 and 6 speed varieties need are a little slightly different matter though. crossmembers will have to be moved and driveshafts will have to be altered. The good news if you are really interested in putting in an overdrive tranny is that there are kits out there that make them a bolt in swap. The T-56 6 speed is by far the strongest OD tranny that you would likely be using. Go to some of the message boards on sites like thirdgen.org, fbody.com, fbody.org, camaroZ28.com, camaroforum.com, pro-touring.com, etc. There's others and the spelling may not be correct on the ones I wrote above but you get the idea. Do plenty of research and I'm sure that you will find what you are looking for.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird 00' Mustang GT vert http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Some are wise and some are otherwise
I would imagine that this is not your daily driver... so how bad can it hurt to pay for the gas on the weekends.

Yeah, that's true, I don't use my old Camaro to commuting to work....but I don't want to have a car that's REAL bad on gas. I once owned a '68 GTO that had a built 400, you could actually see the gas gauge going down when driving on the highway, but it was a lot of "fun per gallon"!