403 olds in a 80 camaro

Would a 403 olds motor fit into my camaro, it has a blown 350 right now. If it does fit would I have to move motor mounts, ect...ect... Thanks

Reply to
ron

Yes it will fit. Many Trans Ams from the late 70's came from the factory with 403 Olds engines. Just get all your brackets and such from a T/A of the same vintage and it will all bolt in. I'm not sure why you would want to do such a thing though. 350 Chevy's are cheap and plentiful. Even if someone gives you the Old's it may still end up costing you more money by the time you are ready to drive it away. Not to mention the resale value of the car will be nil.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

used to pull a trailer of some sort, so the unibody/ frame(not positivly sure) might not be in the best shape.

Reply to
ron

ETCETERAS,,,,,,,,,,, E T C

it is HIGHLY retarded to put a 403 olds in a Camaro

Buy the time you changed everything to make it work even with a FREE 403 you'd STILL spend more than a rebuilt 350

Reply to
I'm Right