4th Gen Window Fix

After replacing my window motor several months back, The new one started to play up. It was stuck down for a week until I could get to fix it over Christmas.
After removing it I found it full of water (half a cup full). I stuck it in a warm oven for half an hour and then sprayed with a water dispersant until it turned over ok. It has now been taped with a water proof tape over the plastic connector housing.
I'm guessing that the majority of window problems encountered by us are mainly on the Drivers side because the connector end faces upwards. The drivers side I think faces downwards, and so shouldn't full up with water.
Hope this helps someone in the future.
--
Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6
terminal snipped-for-privacy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk

Drilling a hole to let the water drain out isn't an option?

Probably not as you would need to drill into the motor or drive shaft, (without stripping the motor you would fill it with shavings).
There IS a hole in the end already that allows water in, why would I want another one ?
--
Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6
terminal snipped-for-privacy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Another thing to do is CLEAN the tracks and apply a dap of grease on the rollers. A little on the gears as well. Paid $ 300 for my local Chevy dealer only to have the roller pop off the track. They would fix it for free. But, I tried my hand at it only to find the tracks were not cleaned off.
The main cause of motor failure in the 4th generation is the overload protection built into the motor. Its a very thin metal strip that bends when heated, such as the motor going to the end of travel and the driver not taking his/her finger off the switch. Over time, the metal become more sensative and pops off after only an inch of travel. The fix is a new motor or hard wire a jumper in place of the metal strip. But, with a jumper you have to rembember to take your finger off the switch once the window is up or down (daa.)
Sounds like you have the leak fix. Take care.