'67 brakes and A/C upgrade

I have a '67, that I bought brand new. Years ago I took the A/C belt off the compressor, and now I'm thinking about getting the A/C going again. Also, I'd like to upgrade to power brakes, as the brakes never
were worth a darn. Any suggestions. I've always wanted to keep the car stock, but I think these two upgrades would make the car more of a pleasure to drive especially during the summer.
Tom Lacombe wrote:

Power won't make it stop any better. Upgrade to front disk (power or manual) for better stopping. You can install '69 style single piston calipers for a reasonable price. Then put a third gen IROC steering box in it and it will feel like a new car!