67 Camaro RS

Hi Guys,
I have been a fan of late '60's muscle cars for as long as I can remember. At long last I am finally in a position that I can afford one and my
preferance is a Camaro.
I have a strong mechanial background but as I am in Australia, my knowledge of what to look for in these cars is very limited. Any information as to what to look for in these cars or pointing me to a FAQ would be very much appreciated. I am wanting to restore the car however finding a good base car would be my preferance as I would prefer not to wind up with a dog's breakfast.
Thankyou for any information.
Michael
Reaper wrote:

Tons of info on www.camaros.net

Yes that is the site to start with, and I believe there are quite a few other Australian Team Camaro members who are on the tech forum regularly-- good luck!
Terry
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:29:03 +1100, "Reaper"

No matter how bad of shape the car is in, you can pretty much replace every part that is in the car. I've seen complete chassis assemblies at a few swap meets that were made with nothing but aftermarket parts. Of course the parts aren't quite the same quality as the originals but they are good enough that you can't tell them apart once they are installed.
******* Before Buying an old Camaro get this book ********** I did not buy this book until after i bought my 67 RS, If I had to do it all over again I would buy the book first...then the car.
Title: Camaro Restoration Handbook Author: Ron Sessions I was able to locate it online at penguin group, but I bought my copy at "Fry's" electronics store. http://www.penguin.ca/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,0_0895863758,00.html
There is a very detailed section on purchasing old camaros and specific things to look for, I used the book to create my own purchasing checklist. If I can find a soft copy of the checklist I will post it for you.