67 Camaro RS

Hi Guys,

I have been a fan of late '60's muscle cars for as long as I can remember. At long last I am finally in a position that I can afford one and my preferance is a Camaro.

I have a strong mechanial background but as I am in Australia, my knowledge of what to look for in these cars is very limited. Any information as to what to look for in these cars or pointing me to a FAQ would be very much appreciated. I am wanting to restore the car however finding a good base car would be my preferance as I would prefer not to wind up with a dog's breakfast.

Thankyou for any information.

Michael

Reply to
Reaper

Tons of info on

JimV

Yes that is the site to start with, and I believe there are quite a few other Australian Team Camaro members who are on the tech forum regularly-- good luck!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

No matter how bad of shape the car is in, you can pretty much replace every part that is in the car. I've seen complete chassis assemblies at a few swap meets that were made with nothing but aftermarket parts. Of course the parts aren't quite the same quality as the originals but they are good enough that you can't tell them apart once they are installed.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Title: Camaro Restoration Handbook Author: Ron Sessions I was able to locate it online at penguin group, but I bought my copy at "Fry's" electronics store.

There is a very detailed section on purchasing old camaros and specific things to look for, I used the book to create my own purchasing checklist. If I can find a soft copy of the checklist I will post it for you.

Reply to
al