'67 Camaro tach wiring

I have a '67 Camaro RS convertible. When I bought the car the tach didn't work. Upon removing the speedo/tach module, I found a blue wire soldered to the printed circuit on the back of the module and coiled up, not connected to anything. Is this the wire I need to connect to the coil to get a tach signal?

Reply to
Leadfoot

Leadfoot,

I took a look at the tach unit I have apart for a 1968. The wire that comes from the printed circuit to the "Coil" terminal and then through the case to the printed circuit is brown on my unit. There is a blue wire (very dark, almost looks black) that comes from the printed circuit board and hooks to the housing (must be a ground). Also, according to my wiring diagram, the wire that comes from your coil , passes through the firewall bulkhead connector, and then goes thru the harness to the printed circuit connector (on the back of the tach/speedo housing) should be a 20 gauge brown wire.

You may just need to hook up the ground wire to get your tach working!

Hope this helps.

work. Upon removing the speedo/tach module, I found a blue wire soldered to the printed circuit on the back of the module and coiled up, not connected to anything. Is this the wire I need to connect to the coil to get a tach signal?

Reply to
Ufomech

Thanks -- I'll check it out!

Reply to