68 Camaro Engine Removal

I am removing a 350ci engine from my 68 Camaro Convertable. Does any one know if I can remove both engine and tranny together? Does the cross member have to come out? Thanks Joe

Reply to
jj

You can remove both at the same time. You'll have to remove the transmission crossmember. You'll probably have to find, buy, or make a tool that will allow you to tilt the engine and tranny back about

45º. A pic on my page shows what I'm trying to say. About 1/2 way down the page.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Hey Ron:

When you get that ready to do the body work, get in touch with me. We can work something out for advertisement for me. I'm in North Central/North East, PA.

I've restored many Camaros and Chevelles, I'd like to do one for show on the net.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1

What did you have in mind? Generally I do all of my own body work and paint but I'm always open to deals. I'm in Orange Co. slightly upstate N.Y. About an hour from the Poconos.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

Hey Ron,

Do you have an HVAC business?

I have cases of 3" Foil Tape, Tie-bands and all different sized Registers and Grills that I'm maybe going to be putting up on ebay.... any interest in these materials for half price?

~John

Reply to
John King

Hi Ro;e-mail me, verizon doesn't allow spamtrapping the e-mail address. We can discuss something!

Refinish King

Ps I'm about an hour west of the Pocono's.

Reply to
Refinish King

Sorry John, no business on this end just a lowly employee. Don't have much use for residential type supplies since I work on larger equiptment.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

Damn wireless keyboards!

This is from the shop!

I'm about an hour west of the Pocono's, outside of Bloomsburg.

e-mail me, verizon does not allow spamtrapping your e-mail address.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1