69 convertible subframe

I understand that the 69 convertible has a different frame than the hard tops. A solid one-piece design from front to rear. Is that true? If so, Where can I
purchase one? I've also seen subframe connectors sold at several sites. Are they comparable in strength? Thanks for helping.

That's news to me. I haven't heard of it before at least. I thought the the convertibles had the added sheet metal in the form of an X under the car. Classic Industries part number KW441 67-69 convertable body pan.