'79 Z28 engine

I have a chance to buy a 1979 Z28 that is in good condition only it is minus the engine and transmission. This would be my first project like this so any experienced people please do put in your two cents worth. Does anyone know what kind of engine and transmission came with the Z28 or what kind could go with it. I'm not really interested in modifying the Z28 as much as I am bringing it back to factory specifications. If anyone has the specifics please let me know.

Reply to
Manta_Ray914

A 350 came stock, transmissions a couple were available

Reply to
Brian

A good source of information on the second generation is:

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck