81 Z28 instrument panel gauges...aftermarket replacements?

Hello Folks,
I'm going to add aftermarket gauges to my Z28. Rather than installing them under the dash, I would like to replace the existing factory gagues in the
instrument panel. Does anyone have experience doing this,and if so, any insight to share? I haven't been able to find a company that makes an aftermarket direct replacement, but it looks like I could probably get some 1.5" oil pressure, temp and volt meter gauges to fit without too much trouble. Possibly even an aftermarket tach and speedometer as well.
Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Iggy
where are you at?
I also have an 81 where the gauges need some work and I have 2 dashes to work with.... would not mind stopping in to see the process/help? if you are local

Daytona Beach, FL. I'd be happy to work with you on this. Let me know if you are in the area.
I may end up trying something this weekend, since the weather is turning fowl.

whoa... Fredericton NB so the weather up here would always be fowl for you ;)
best of luck... course... if the offer is open... maybe I will come down in Jan-Mar when it is 6+ ft of snow and -30C
;)

Who's in Daytona....I also live in the Daytona area and have 2 of these beasts ( the twins) 350/auto and a 305/4 speed
Stan

gagues
I've got a couple projects going on....we may be able to share info or parts.