81 z28 - rear suspension options?

I have an 81 in progress with normal springs plus someone decided to add helper springs (stubby springs on the end of the normal main spring... I am
thinking their MAY be some rust there or something and they were trying to span the difference... can not think of any other reason.. no hoist).
Just wondering if I should just put the normal spring/shock suspension on or if there is another option I should be looking at?
it is 'just' a street machine but the engine and everything power/exhaust wise has been tuned/tweaked up including chrome so I am kinda of looking for something that looks good, functional, provides good latteral control, and reasonably priced. It is a 350 auto.
new are rearched springs would be the ticket clean and paint away. the stock springs probably sagged that is why the helper springs

am
or
for
ah kewl... I was thinking of that as well... thanks for the reminder.
ever see the more stiff suspensions? They seem to have two square tube (huh?) arms coming from the rear axle forward and have some sort of rubber stopper on the end of the arm just behind the driver's seat? what they heck is that for?

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:22:35 GMT, "gordon"

They are called traction bars. Sold by many companies. They are to assist in launching by not allowing the springs to wrap up as far as they would without them. Some are better and some are worse. I personally like the look a ladder bars over the traction bars.
I put a set of SSM (South Side Machine) Lift bars on my 68', which are a form of traction bar with the exception that the fronts clamp onto the front of the spring much closer to the spring eye which is where you want the snubber (rubber bumper) to hit. They also lifted my rear almost 4" higher than the 37 year old springs previously sat.
Don't get sucked into buying the cheap chrome plated or powder coated yellow ones unless the snubber reaches near the front spring eye. Do a little research on them and then make your decision.
thanks for the lingo and techie training Ron... greatly appreciated...
81 Z28 painted 97 Z28 metalic teal

Also note:
Make sure the ones you buy will have clearance for the way the sway bar mounts to the springs.... <I had to notch mine out, also an owner of a pair of 81 Z's> Stan
wrote:

rubber
heck
pair? kewl
thanks for the heads up... it is that last minute d'oh (homer) when you think you are all ready to go that gets you.

Yup ....the twins, LOL
(basically stock)305 4 speed T-top.....175k on it ( also with 3:42 gears) ( stock, but not for too long) 350 auto T-top 95k showing.