83 carmaro problems

I"m having a problem with my 83 carmaro.when you drive the highway it runs great, but as soon as you slow down to take a sharp corner it chugs like running a stick, high gear, low speed. don't know too much history on it, the motor is a 2.8 v6, the tranny also is changed. I think that they put a overdrive trans instead of the same type. could i be right? I've been driving it shifting down when i have to slow down around corners and it seems to correct that problem.It's a real headache to shift like this all the time, is there any thing i can do to fix this, without spending alot of money? can i put a overdrive stick in it? also my elec choke light stays on all the time.drinks the gas like water. can i adjust it and how is the best way to do it?

Reply to
shadow18

shadow18 schrieb:

Wow, another 83 Camaro driver ;-)

What's printed on the gear stick? Is there also a D in a circle?

On my Camaro, the Choke was broken, so the light was also on. Perhaps you are now driving all the time with the Choke activated, corresponding in a motor drinks a lot...

You should have this checked. It isn't good for your credit card (gas costs) and better for your engine.

Regards

Dominik

Reply to
Dominik Hirt