84 camaro radio problems

I have an 84 Berlinetta that the right channels quite for a few days then come back for a while. This has been going on for a while. The speaker connections are all good. When the sound goes out on the right
side(front and rear) there is a clicking sound from the right side when I turn the volume up or down Any Ideas?
Thanks
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:39:47 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@here.com puked:

Double check connections?
Possibly a worn balance pot? -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Might be the amplification circuit is starting to go. The other thing could be an intermittent short across the right channel, but I am more prone to think internal to the head unit because it seems the problem is in a stage before the RR RF split.
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:39:47 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@here.com wrote:

I also thought the amplification circuit, but I thought if the amp circuit went it wouldn't go off and on.
It can. All it takes is a component of it to get "marginal". Then temp, humidity, karma, anything can make it go one way or the other.