86 Camaro,How to prime the window washer pump

More trouble with our '86 Camaro, 2.8 liter V6.
The window washer doesn't work. I can here the pump motor running, checked the check valve, checked the strainer in the tank, checked all the tubing
and jets, but only a couple squirts of water came out onto the windshield - then nothing.
The manual diagnostics says to manually prime the pump, but no instructions on how to do that.
Anybody got any suggestions?