87 Camaro TPI EGR Valve

Hi i just recently bought an 87 Camaro tpi and the egr valve is bad in it i need to replace it it is on the side under the injectors and everything can anyone help me out on what all i have to do and what i have to remove to get to it or anyone know of a website i can go to for directions

Reply to
tanka

just take the valve off and put a new one on

Reply to
maxt

Sorry, its not that easy with TPI. I had to remove the whole manifold and at least 1 of the intake tubes on my 90 TPI. In my opinion, a very bad design. You'll need to replace the manifold/intake gaskets. I used torx driver sockets with a ratchet to remove the torx bolts.

You should also check resistance in your injectors and replace them (if needed) while you have the manifold off.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman