88 Camaro Brake ligths...

I have 88 Camaro (V8) and when I got the car, brake light and hazards don't work. the tail lights and blinkers work properly. I'm more concerned with the brake lights than anything else. I checked fuses,
replaced bulbs, and replaced the brake switch, but still no luck. So i was tinkering tonight after work, turned on runnning light, (worked) presses bake and heard a buzzer.... tail lights looked like they were now out... I removed RearRight tail light assembly and now the bulb is screwed, its like just all white. I'm starting to think its a short, any advice... PLEASE HELP..

A short would most likely blow a fuse or fusible link - it would not burn-out the bulb, since the bulb works on +12 volts already. I have an 87 camaro and I am always checking open GROUND connections.
If you have a spoiler with 5 lights in it (like mine) try placing only 2 lamps in it. Mine got so hot with 5 lamps that they didn't last very long.
Good luck.
I now have a temporary fix. According to Haynes Manual there is a Stop/Hazard fuse. I could not find any such fuse. The scematics showed an orange wire from the fuse, which "teed" and went to Hazard switch and the brake switch. Sure enough, the test light showed no juice to the brake switch. I then returned to the fuse panel, and discovered a slot for a fuse, which of course had no fuse in it. It had been melted !! So I definately have a short. I then removed fuse panel, cut the orange wire off, and tied it into my radio fuse, if it shorts out again i'll definately know. I drove it to work (65 miles) and it still working right now, we'll see when I get home , if it will last...
Any suggestions on where to begin searching for the short, or maaybe ground (I have checked wiring/grounds at Rear lights, they all seemed good.

Are you still having problems with your Brake Lights??? -the Bulb is White because it just went bad. the fact that it turned white,means current went tru it. if it was a short, the bulb wouldnt come on and would not have Blown. If your still having problems let me know. snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net