88 camaro iroc z refuses to crank

ok here's what I've got

1988 camaro iroc z 305 multiport fuel injection

car will not crank

fuel pump is new and working 40 psi at fuel rail spark at spark plug plenty of fire distributor has been replaced new wires new cap new rotor timming is on mark ignition module has been tested both are ok compression checked ok but not put a guage on it yet power to fuel injectors check out ok and firing used 2 different ecm computers new starter

200 amp battery charger/starter so plenty of power engine turns over fine but will not hit

the engine ran at one time just fine suddenly it stopped cranking found the distrubtor was bad replaced now nothing

I don't know where else to look

Help please

Reply to
ross

Ying-Yang

any way to check that easily?

Reply to
ross

ok any other guess pulled timing chain cover did not jump time

If I don't find out gone whats going on I'm gonna pulled my hair out

Reply to
ross

distributor 180 off? Maybe you weren't at TDC when you set it?

Reply to
Justbrilliant

yea though of that too took timing cover of rotated engine and dots on cam and crank lines up properly rotor is aimed at number 1 spark plug

Reply to
ross

Is all this hapening while the valves for cylinder #1 are closed, and not moving? Pull the valve cover to be sure.

Reply to
J Forbes

ok I to was 180 out I've learned to triple check evrything from now on but still would not hit removed air pump don't ask why I just did now she hits but won't crank spitting sputtering back fired thru plentium (sp) just refuses to crank

Reply to
ross

Run a compression check.

then quadruple check everything.

Beware that lots of cranking with fuel, but not running, will wash the oil off the cylinder walls and eventually damage the rings etc.

Also beware that it's very difficult to diagnose problems like this over the internet...I can't see the obvious problem that you might be overlooking, from here.

Reply to
J Forbes

ok update on this problem car now cranks and runs rough but the problem was the distributor was 180 out but I had have 12 set of eyes on it and they all said it was in time got a pro out there and he found it to be other wise

now finally getting codes from ecm it is code 41 and I am looking at getting a hypertech chip for it from fbodymotorsports.com in a few days hopefully that will fix the rest of the problems thanx for the help

now another question

the engine has been sitting for awhile no raditor and front of the engine has been off now before getting the front put back on and all I would like to flush the block to get all the rust and stuff out

what would be the best way to handle this?

thanx ross

Reply to
ross