88 IROC 350 hard to start

When the temperature is cold outside, my 88 IROC starts right up. When it is warmer outside like during the Spring, I have to turn over the engine several times before it will catch. This has been going on for a couple of
years, and it has to be bad for the starter. Any ideas? Also, when the engine is warm, it starts right up as well.
Thanks, R Spen
what repairs have you tried so far ? and did you look to see if there's a prom up-date for this year, engine,camaro ? might need for phone gm on that one ...I know there use to be one for long crank time / black smoke on start up ...