89 camaro heater core

i really dont want to pay $600+ to replace my heater core. when i could pay $40, buy the part & do it myself any suggestions on good manuals for DIY? i heard Haynes or Chiltons are pretty good any estimates on how much time i'm looking at spending on a project like this?

i also have no air coming out of my air ducts i think its a simple error from my previous mechanic any suggestions or re-hooking it up or diagnosis?

Reply to
glamourtron