89 camaro rs engine help

I just got an 89 camaro rs and im trying to learn as much as i can about the engine, but i dont know alot about cars. I wanna know what i can do to improve
the performance of the car, im thinkin about a new exhaust system and i heard somethin about a performance computer chip or somethin. What else should i do to improve the performance
Hell, I didn't think a new exhaust system would improve the preformance of the car...news ta me
The Anonymous Alcoholic! Drink 24:7 Copyright 2003 Drinkenstein

improve the performance of the car, im thinkin about a new exhaust system and i heard somethin about a performance computer chip or somethin. What else should i do to improve the performance

: > I just got an 89 camaro rs and im trying to learn as much as i can about : the engine, but i dont know alot about cars. I wanna know what i can do to : improve the performance of the car, im thinkin about a new exhaust system : and i heard somethin about a performance computer chip or somethin. What : else should i do to improve the performance : >
Depends on your definition of performance. If by performance you include an increase in hp and torque, then yes, opening up your exhaust will be an increase in performance. (with diminishing returns after a certain point of course.)
Is it a six or an eight?
Either way opening up the exhaust will help you out. I would get some headers if you really want to feel a difference.
A Hypertec chip will build on that performance.
It all really depends on how much you want to spend.
wrote:

engine, but i dont know alot about cars. I wanna know what i can do to improve the performance of the car, im thinkin about a new exhaust system and i heard somethin about a performance computer chip or somethin. What else should i do to improve the performance
Seasons Greetings!
I really need some of the wisdom of this group. I severely mangled the front of a 1999 Z-28. Repair will require all the body parts from the firewall forward and some of the supporting pieces--windshield also. Repair cost estimates would say the car is "toteled" if I had insurance--which I didn't. But, if I could find a car hit hard in the rear, I would fix it myself.
So, the question is: What years/models parts would interchange? Am I correct in assuming that V6 parts (likely to be the cheepest cars)would interchange? Are there any other things I should consider?
Many thanks in advance Jan Howell
http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com /
insurance would have been the best solution. Hawk gets cars in all the time send him an email and he will keep you posted