89 RS blown intake gasket..where can I get one?

Well, its definate, its an intake gasket instead of a head gasket. Now, where can I find one? It looks like theyre sold in a rebuild kit only. Am I missing something?

On 1 Mar 2005 18:56:28 -0500, HotRod53 <UseLinkToEmail@New & Used Cars Forums - AutoForumz.com> wrote:

Have you tried anyone of the major auto part chain stores? Parts America - FelPro part # MS93020 2.8L intake gasket kit $22.96
...Ron

-- 68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
"RSCamaro1" wrote: > On 1 Mar 2005 18:56:28 -0500, HotRod53 <UseLinkToEmail@New & > Used Cars > Forums - AutoForumz.com> wrote: > > >Well, its definate, its an intake gasket instead of a head > gasket. > >Now, where can I find one? It looks like theyre sold in a > rebuild kit > >only. Am I missing something? > > Have you tried anyone of the major auto part chain stores? > Parts America - FelPro part # MS93020 2.8L intake gasket kit > $22.96 > > ...Ron > > > >-- > >Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > >Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > >Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Camaro-89-RS-blown-intake-gasket-ftopict105585.html > >Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pI1327 > > -- > 68' Camaro RS > 88' Firebird Formula > 00' Mustang GT Vert
I was originally told that I could only buy a complete rebuild gasket set, that was obviously not the case. I got the gaskets that I needed at Advanced Auto and Im ready to put it back together once everything is cleaned up. Would you use gasket sealer or put it in dry as was done at the factory? I guess I have to pull all of the push rods to get this thing back in too.
On 2 Mar 2005 13:44:47 -0500, HotRod53 <UseLinkToEmail@New & Used Cars Forums - AutoForumz.com> wrote:

I always use a gasket sealer on intake gaskets. Indian Head or Permatex always has done the trick for me, though it can be a pain to clean if you have to do it again in the future. Don't spare the silicone on the ends either, you can always cut off the extra after it sets up. You shouldn't have to pull the pushrods out to get the intake in, maybe the valve covers :-( ? but I wouldn't think the pushrods themselves. Ah, what the hell do I know, I never had a V-6 to play around with.