92 camaro no start

HELP! I have a 92 camaro, and it will not start, it seems that the fuel injectors are not functioning...any suggestions?

Reply to
fuzzyleprechaun

the starter works right? If not it's probably a VATS (vehicle anti-theft system) problem. The wire may be out of tolerance for resistance and causing a bad reading when you put your key in the ignition switch. Check the 2 injector fuses in the fuse box to make sure they aren't blown. When you turn your key to the on position (the one right before you crank it) you should hear the fuel pump prime the line for ~2 seconds. If the system is already pressurized it won't, but if you leave it for a few hours it usually always does it. There's 2 pins that you conenct to (I can't remember if the

92 was different from my 85) to make the furl pump prime manually to make sure electricly that it would work.If it's not that, I'm guessing maybe one fo the wires to your ECM isn't connected all the way so play with those connectors and see if anything changes. Make sure you are getting spark too. Take out (or just use an old one that you know still works if you have one laying around) a spark plug and reconenct the boot to it and put it on top of your plenum and see if it sparks (should be a good enough ground, but you might have to play with it alittle). Just don't test it like that too much in a short amout of time so you give the fuel time to dissapate seeing how you don't want anything catching fire or worse, an explosion.
Reply to
Neoacumen