93 Camero Gas Guage problem

My step son has his gas gauge giving him problems. it is stuck at half but will move up when he fills it up with gas. Jow does a persomn get at the sensor for
replacing this?
Barry spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

This is much harder than it sounds. :)
Drop the tank, remove the sensor/etc from the top, replace, and reverse.
If you plan to do this, I recommend almost running the thing out of gas. Why fight a tank with 10+ gallons in it? :)
Also, if you live in one of the SE US states that was affected by the gas with too much sulphur from late last month, you might be able to get the station/company to pay for a replcement...
NOI