94 camaro 3.4L backfiring and missing (HELP)

Looking for a little help on finding a problem with my 94 camaro.

It has a 3.4L engine which when you accelerate will backfire and act like it is missing, very rough but when you get up to speed say 50 mph it will run fine until you accelerate again then it stumble all over its self.

I have replace the cat, O2 sensors (2), EGR value and fuel filter but no improvement.

Any leads as to where to look or what to change would be appreciated, I also have another 94 camaro 3.4 which runs fine so I have a source of parts to try.

thanks

Sarge

Reply to
70runnersixpac

the problem is somewhere in the ignition. have u changed your spark plugs, and spark plug wires lately?. make sure the plugs are gapped properly. also make sure your timing is correct. i would also change dis. and the coil. if it doesnt have a dis. then get a new coil pack for it. If that doesnt work please get back with me for more info. Matt Jarrett

Reply to
355-Camaro

Yes, I did change the plugs and wires also

thanks

Reply to
70runnersixpac

have u checked the timing on it yet. what about he coil pack or the distributer. and the coil?

Reply to
355-Camaro

Reply to
Neoacumen