94 camaro seat problem

Hi All:

I have a 1994 Camaro. Recently, when I am driving the car, I have noticed that the drivers' seat squeaks like mad. Not a loud squeak, but a constant one. If standing outside of the car, I can grasp the seat and move it around and the seat seems to have a lot of play in it that the passenger side seat doesn't have.

There appear to be four bolts that hold the seat down. The front two are easy to get to with the seat slid back. Both of them appear to be very snug. The back two are harder to get to but both also feel okay.

I am thinking that I have a wearing problem in rail on the floor that the seat slides on or perhaps this mechanism on the seat itself that slides. Is this likely?

If so, is there a way to repair this? Or am I looking at trying to find some seats out of a fourth generation Camaro at a salvage yard? Would any of the fourth generation Camaro model year seats work? Or would I have to get 1994 to keep the same measurements?

Thanks! Drew

Reply to
Drew