94 Camaro - Wont Turn Over, Diesels, Wont Start

As I was pulling into my driveway, my 94 Z28 Auto stalled and will not start. No problems until the minute at all. Try to start and it diesels and trys to start but the engien is very rough and putters. Anyone have
any thoughts? Timing Chain maybe? Distributor? Please help.
do you / have you had a water pump leak? if so then the dist is probably the problem.