'94 z28 lt1 bogs down! Help!

Hi I'm a new user with a problem thats gonna give me an annurism. I have a 1994 camaro z28 with the lt1. When i try to accelerate any harder than gently... the car bogs down like only half the engine is firing until it hits like 2500-3000 rpms then it kicks in just fine and pulls great. But this problem has cost me a major loss of take off power. The only was to break the tires now from a stop is dropping the clutch at high rpms. The only mods i have is a cold air intake and a straight pipe in place of the cat(i know i know.. its not the most legal thing to do). And i had also changed my plugs about 2 months prior to these problems. I have no idea what this could be.. can anyone help me?

Reply to
sanmaru629

Check the fuel pressure regulator isn't split. The car is probably running rich. There is a vacuum hose on the manifold to it. If the rubber inside splits, it allows fuel to leak into the manifold. The other thing to check could be the ICM (Ignition Control Module) . Mine idled fine but wouldn't rev past about 4K.

HTH

Terminal_Crazy

Reply to
terminal_crazy