96 V6 Camaro Security Light

I own a 96 Camaro with a V6 and manual transmission. Lately my security light has been coming on randomly while driving. I assumed it was just a short in the system since I had no problem starting my car. But yesterday, the security light started flashing at least twice a second and I could hear a clicking noise corresponding to the flashing coming from behind my glove box on the passenger side while I was driving. I parked the car, let it sit, and then it would not start. Now it starts just fine, but the clicking and flashing continues. Also, all the interior lights flash along with the security light. I assume its an electrical short, but what is that clicking noise? I've tried to take the shield off from under the glove box but can't get the two front, plastic fastners off. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Gerald Smith via CarKB.com