99 Z28 Radio, Console, A/C Lights

Hi All; I'm trying to do a little detective work before I start spending money. My 99Z (aka Baby) at 102k miles had the fan control light go out, then not too
long after, the temp control went, all in the last 6 months (about 7k miles).
Now the Monsoon station buttons #1 and #4 are out.
Questions: 1. Any clues to the mystery or is it simply coincidence? 2. The dealer says I have to replace the complete control for the a/c lights, is that correct? 3. Any alternatives to that? (like fix it myself somehow) 4. The Monsoon lamps are really scary, any advise? (I want to keep everything totally stock, no new radios)
Please post only to the group.
Regards Bob Orlando, FL