ac freon

Can anyone tell me what type of freon is in my 94 Camaro? Is there a way to tell?

Scott

Reply to
Scott Dodd

Scott Dodd rambled on about something in :

What's it say on the compressor's sticker? R22 or R134?

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

I will have to look. I had no idea how to tell, that is why I was asking.

Thanks for the info! :)

Scott

Reply to
Scott Dodd

It should also be located on a warning sticker by the hood release in the engine bay. My guess it would be r134.

Reply to
el lobo

is that the kind you get the refill kits for at all the stores now?

Reply to
Jamie

Yep, should be pretty east to find. Seen some at Wallyworld for less than $5 a can. Some kits come with a gauge to see what kind of pressure you have in the system. Overfill it and you will have big problems. How do you know it is low? Compressor cycling on and off? Compressor does not run at all? Many things to consider when working on the a/c system.

Reply to
el lobo

I recently just started driving this car and it didn't seem like the a/c was cooling it as well as it should. I was asking about the kind of freon only because if it was a r12 system, I have several cans of it that I bought when you still could, so i figured if it needed charging I could save myself some money.

I took it and had it checked out yesterday, I was told that everything was ok, readings and temp were right on the money. Apparently it is r134, or at least that is what my mechanic said it was.

Apparently I have been just spoiled by my old car I was driving. It is a 93 escort and the a/c will freeze your a** quick! I always referred to the high setting on it as "hard nipples". The a/c on that car is one the of best things about it...LOL

Reply to
Scott Dodd

I know what you mean about ford a/c being cold. Most of those things will blow icicles. I remember once, when I was working on my old 85 cougar. Got the a/c to blowing 40 degrees! Now my old 82 Z28 is another story. Never been too good at blowing real cold, even with a new compressor. Don't drive it much and use it as a back up car. Kinda hard to get rid of it as we bought it new.

I have heard that r134 will not cool down real good > I recently just started driving this car and it didn't seem like the a/c was

Reply to
el lobo