ammeter

hey, i have a 67 camaro with the optional instrument cluster. the damn thing wants to peg the needle and smoke the gauge and high rpms and the needle has a half swing at idle. what gives? is there a shunt resistor supposed to be attached accross the leads? maybe a fusible link? or something. smoked one ammeter already and don't want to buy another. thanks steve

Reply to
steve

hey, i have a 67 camaro with the optional instrument cluster. the damn thing wants to peg the needle and smoke the gauge and high rpms and the needle has a half swing at idle. what gives? is there a shunt resistor supposed to be attached accross the leads? maybe a fusible link? or something. smoked one ammeter already and don't want to buy another. thanks steve

Reply to
steve

Yes there is a shunt. I think it's up by the radiator. It's just a piece of wire. Been a long time I could be wrong.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Not exactly sure if it's on the back of the gauge or not. I know mid 70's had them on the backs of the gauges. I'll see I can find one of our sets of gauges and see if it does or not. If I find it, I'll reply tomorrow...

Reply to
69CamaroSS