another 2.8 3.4 swap

i got a 88 camaro mpfi 2.8. i'm ovioulsy swapping this for a 3.4 out of a 94 camaro. from what i hear and have read much about is that this is a basic bolt on. i'm just woundering since i'm buying the whole engine already running and swaping it if i can actually use the newer 3.4 harness on the rest of the car cause from what i've heard it's not that more technical from the 2.8. and if so if i culd actually adapt in a newer a/c cause the old one would be too costly seeing that the don't make the same freon anymore and it's like 30 bucks a pound. Also if i can't do the harness switchover if i could adapt the coil pack in there instead of that pain in the ass distributer in the back of the engine.

Reply to
rover

try thirdgen.org

The engine bay harness might actaully plug right intot he firewall, but I am sure some tweaks have to be made. Just can't remember what exactly right now...

Yes, you can convert to r-134, but contrary to popular belief, it won't harm the system to mix r12 and r134 to a point. Anyway, you can convert.

I suppose you could convert to a coil pack--I hate distributors as well--but the MPFI harnes swap-in isn't that bad.

Good luck.

Reply to
alfredB18