Any 4th gen. LT-1 Camaro fellas on here?

How about a head count....

Reply to
John King

Anonymous

Is your LS1 stock or have you done any modifications to it? Have you run it at the strip? If so, what kind of times does it run....? I believe the LS1s are factory rated at 285HP....... anyone actually dyno'd a factory LS1 or LT1...?

~John

Reply to
John King

BTW, I'm John and live in the Northern part of Virginia and this is whats in my garage....

Black 1983 Z-28, 355c.i.d (approx: 300HP give or take) built 700R4 w/ shift kit and 3.73 posi-rear....

Black 1994 Z-28 Stock LT1, K&N filter, shift kit in the tranny....

So where is everyone located and whats the scoop on their Camaros....????

Reply to
John King

It's not a 4th gen but it is a camaro :)

in the process of building right now... about 75% complete.

1980 Z28 T-Top, 327 bored .030, 520 lift custom ground solid cam, eagle rods and crank, 11.5:1 compression, 62 cc heads built and assembled by cylinder head specialties in Portland Oregon, comp cams roller rockers, jesel belt drive, holley strip annihilator sytem with crank trigger, weiand team-g intake, barry grant modified holley carb 650 cfm mech secondaries - about 510hp... (well, that's what dyno 2000 is saying so far, but it goes on a real engine dyno in 2 weeks to be set up and tuned) 4.11 posi 12 bolt, APC racing buckets, 8 point cage, 5 point harnesses, Turbo 350 w/reverse valve body, shift kit, wheelie bars.

the car itself (no drivetrain in it) leaves for the body shop Monday to get new floors (saw a little cancer on them) and a complete custom paint and the original hood scoop (the one with the solenoid activated flaps) lifted 2.5 inches so the engine will stay under the hood, and heck, i think it will look neat!

have a pair of MT ET drag slicks for it 15x10, 26" tall, dot approved, to run around on - think this thing is gonna make for a fun summer toy - actually snagged the basic bottom end of the engine for it through this forum (Thanks Tracy!)

it resides just outside of Hanilton Ontario and as soon as it is done will be getting a testing/try-out at Cayuga Drag Strip/Toronto Motorsports Park

should be fun!

~NortH~

Reply to
~~NortH~~

Reply to
SgtSilicon

I have a 96' with the LT1 and a six speed. Factory rated at 285 hp. It's basically stock. It has a Flowmaster, Moroso CAI, and Hypertech reprograming. I hope to make it out to Sacramento Raceway this summer to see what it will do. I'd be real happy if I could get a 13.99 out of it. - Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Mine is stock right now with the exception of a K&N filter. GM rates them at 310 HP, but a lot of things I've read say it is common knowledge that they produce the same or very nearly the same 345 HP that the LS1 in the base model Vettes, but for marketing reasons GM down plays this. ====================================== You must be talking about the SS or something.... The LT1 was only rated at

275HP (flywheel not rear wheel) and the LS1 was rated with 285HP.... I would love to see where you read the 310HP and the 345HP.

A buddy of mine that also has an LT1 was watching Horsepower TV and was telling me they just dyno'd an LT1 w/ 120,000 miles on there show.......the base run was something like 238HP (to the rear wheels), and after a few mods they picked up between 20-30 horses.

From the seat of the pants feel I get from mine I've thought it was somewhere around the 250-275HP range.

Reply to
John King

Like I said, GM itself listed the 4th Gen LS1 equipped Z28 at 310 HP. They rated the SS at 325 HP. I remember this PERSONALLY when I was roaming around on the Chevrolet web site in 2002 and I was comparing models and options. I found an extremely low miles (6100 to be exact)

2001 Z28 and bought it. My understanding is there is little to no difference among 2000-2002 models.

People that own them AND that have Dynoed them often write that GM's ratings fell a bit short. They surmised GM deliverately downplayed the F-body as to not take too much away from the Y-body. At the time you must recall, the base model Vette had the LS1 powerplant. The Z06 model had the LS6 power plant. Checrolet rated the LS1 equipped Corvette at 350 HP and the Z06 model at 405 HP. I remember that personally as I checked online and looked at the spec sheets at the dealer lot. I cannot vouch for the validity of what the others write about their Dyno testing, but it is not isolated to just a couple folks. And you are definately misktaken about LS1 ratings. I don't know what they did to the LS1 different than the LT1, but whatever it was, it was'nt trivial. Who do you claim ever rated the LS1 at 285 HP at the flywheel?

Reply to
SgtSilicon

You are right about the LS1..... for some reason I was thinking about the Vortec when I was typing about the LS1. I think the LS1 was 305HP and in

2000 or 2001 they added another 5HP or so...... But what I was wondering was if anyone has actually Dynoed there LT1...?

show.......the

Reply to
John King