Any Old Tricks For Weatherstriping??

I have some original door weatherstriping for a 68 Camaro door that has been sitting around for years. One of the ends is starting to get a little dried out. I would like to soften them up so they can be used again. Any ideas on what I could use to do this?? I have heard about using Vaseline or synthetic oil. Has anyone tried and prooven these or other products? I hope to hear from some of you on this subject. Thanks Everyone

Reply to
Steve's Place

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:11:49 GMT, "Steve's Place" puked:

Get new ones. They're easy to come by.

lab~rat

I have a '67, and I agree that replacement is the best move.

Tom Lacombe

I have new ones but I want to dress these up so I can sell them. Thanks everyone

Reply to
Steve's Place