Anyone buy Tires at Wal-Mart

Has anyone out there had any trouble with tires bought at Wal-Mart?

I have a 1987 Camaro with 47,000 actual miles on it. We drive it only about

500 miles a year, if that. On Sept 9, 2006, we purchased two Douglas tires for it from Wal-Mart.

Last week I heard a sort of rubbing sound from the left-rear wheel. I got a flashlight and checked the tire, looking for a nail or something in the thread. Much to my surprise, the rubber has split is several places and the wire belting is visible under the thread.

Yesterday, I went to the store and explained the situation to the manager there. She pulled-up the sale from her computer and told me that there was nothing they would do about it, because I had NOT PURCHASED ADDITIONAL ROAD HAZARD INSURANCE. I explained that there was no road hazard involved, that the tire was simply coming apart. She told me that the Douglas tire was made by Goodyear, and that I would have to see a Goodyear dealer. I told here that I thought Wal-Mart was a dealer, but guess I was wrong.

Lesson learned? I used to like Wal-Mart.

Graybeard

Reply to
Graybeard

I stay away from wal mart. most of the products they sell now comes from china. If I want chinese food I would rather go to a chinese restaurant to get it. Guess you got chinese tires.In my opinion thats why walmart is always the lowest prices with lowest quality too.

Reply to
Chevy Man