Auto Trans Fluid on bottom of Transmission

While inspecting my A.I.R. pump beneath the car I noticed tranmission fluid on the bottom of my automatic transmission ('97 Formula). I don't recall seeing it when I replaced the tranmission mount 3-4 months ago...

The car is about to turn-over 60,000 miles (low for it's age). I know the tranny fluid is not good. Is this a likely sign that the torque-convertor or tanny are due for a rebuild, or is it more likely a gasket/seal. There's no slippige and plenty of pull through the drivetrain.

Thanks, Skyhawk76e

Reply to
SR-71

Get under the car every day and wipe it off so you don't get the roads oily

Reply to
DOXIE

Check the bolts on the pan first. :-]

Reply to
Camaro Cowboy

Before blowing a ton of dough on a rebuild, take it to the ddealer and have them check the pilot bearing seal in the rear of the tranny. It is a common problem. You may have a bad busing back there. Ony about 140 bucks for everything.

Reply to
James Alio