auto window dont work! HELP!!

I have a 1999 conv. Camaro and my driver side window doesnt go up and down all of the way. when its up it goes half way dow and stops but when i try to put it up, it only goes up an inch or so and stops. I
will have to wait about 5 minutes and it will go up another inch or so...... any info would be greatly appreciated.
johng snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
John
Window motor is dead/dying. Very common problem with the 4th gens.

i was quoted 185.00 total to replace the motor. Is it hard to do myself? do I need any special tool or industrial rivits to install this myself. The motor will cost me 75.00. is it worth having it done and spending the extra money?
They are a bit of a pain to do, but you can do it yourself with a minimum of tools. The trick is to use a couple of rubber door stops wedged in between the window and to door to hold it in place while you are working on it. The stock motor is riveted in place. You drill out the rivets and replace them with bolts which will come with the replacement motor. There are some sharp sheet metal edges where you will be working, so be prepared to get a few cuts on your hands. I have been told a few layers of duct tape on the edges will help make it safer. I haven't tried that myself, but I plan to next time it comes up.
Be patient, You can do it! Gary

Check this link out. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p )77771&postcount

Thank you! I will give it a try this weekend!
it was actually alot easier than i expected. there are no rivits to drill out. there are only 3 little screws to remove. just take out the speaker and remove the motor screws. I have to drill a little hole to get to one of the screws. I drilled out the screws instead of unscrewing them. much easier.