Axle ratios

I'm trying to determine the axle ratio in my 1995 Z28; I am the 2nd owner without contact with the first. I understand that there was an optional gear ratio available and would like to determine which one is in this car. I don't know whether I have the 2.73 or 3.23. Can anyone here tell me how to find this out?

I'm seeing some RPO definitions (whatever that means) as GU4 - GU6 from a parts manual. Are these codes from a VIN? I'm wondering if the information I'm looking for is somewhere on the car itself. If I can get a clue as to how these codes are read, I think I can figure out much about this vehicle.

Thanks for any help....

Reply to
Messenger

The codes you are looking for are posted on the drivers door. Look for a sticker just below the door latch mechanism. - Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Possibly 3.42s..............

Reply to