Blinker/Electrical problems

I'm having a few problems with my 87 Camaro I just bought. If anyone has any tips for tracing down these problems, let me know.

  1. The left blinker comes on and stays on when you turn it on; it does not blink, solid light; and then it goes off when you turn it off. The right blinker is a little slow, but it works.

  1. The bright lights do not work. I checked, and it is not a problem with the lamps. The bright indicator comes on inside the car, but the dims stay on and nothing happens with the brights.

  2. The third/top brake light does not work. I replaced bulbs, and that still did not correct the problem.

If anyone has any ideas, please share. Thanks, Kirk

Reply to
Kirk Ellis

for the head lights check the wiring to the lamps themselves they tend to get loose and need to be squeezed, blinker- check the relay boxes they are seperate on the 85 not sure on 87. If u manage to find a wiring diagram let me knwo where u find it trying to find it for 85 camaro. hope i helped

Reply to
geode6003