Brake light out

The brake light on the left side of my 1999 Camaro doesn't work for some reason. The tail light is fine, but I get no light when I step on the brakes. I have tried changing the bulb, and it still doesn't work. Any ideas
how to fix it?
Ben
Sounds like a short Jamie

Forgive this question, but i know next to nothing about cars. What sort of anti-corrosion "crap" do I use?